The South Side of the Sky
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DS, DSi or 3DS?

+2
zex
c0n3j0
6 posters

Go down

DS, DSi or 3DS? Empty DS, DSi or 3DS?

Post  c0n3j0 Fri Nov 12, 2010 1:36 pm

About a week ago, my niece broke my DS.

Now my sister is going to get me a new one. Should I go for a new DS lite, upgrade to the DSi, or wait it out and save up some more money so we can buy a 3DS?

Also, no PSP, zex.
c0n3j0
c0n3j0
Veteran

Back to top Go down

DS, DSi or 3DS? Empty Re: DS, DSi or 3DS?

Post  zex Fri Nov 12, 2010 6:55 pm

Get a PSP Smile
zex
zex
Admin

https://southsky.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  c0n3j0 Fri Nov 12, 2010 7:28 pm

zex wrote:Get a PSP Smile

>:[
c0n3j0
c0n3j0
Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post  Snesboy Sat Nov 13, 2010 1:43 am

Wait for 3DS.
Snesboy
Snesboy
Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post  Sonix Sat Nov 13, 2010 4:19 am

DS or wait for 3DS. Don't get DSi.

PSP.
Sonix
Sonix
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  c0n3j0 Sat Nov 13, 2010 10:35 am

Why shouldn't I get the DSi?
c0n3j0
c0n3j0
Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post  damkira Sat Nov 13, 2010 6:00 pm

c0n3j0 wrote:Why shouldn't I get the DSi?

You shouldn't get a DSi because its kind of a minor upgrade. Yes, you can download games but there aren't that many to choose from. Yes, it has a camera but its really low resolution and you probably have a better one on your phone. Its not worth the extra money. Just hold out for a few months and get a 3DS.
damkira
damkira
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  c0n3j0 Sat Nov 13, 2010 7:02 pm

damkira wrote:

You shouldn't get a DSi because its kind of a minor upgrade. Yes, you can download games but there aren't that many to choose from. Yes, it has a camera but its really low resolution and you probably have a better one on your phone. Its not worth the extra money. Just hold out for a few months and get a 3DS.

One thing I was thinking , though, the 3DS screen is bigger. I hated playing my gameboy games on the DS 'cause of the little black bars around the screen. It made them look smaller. And I hated that, for some reason. I really did.
c0n3j0
c0n3j0
Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post  damkira Sat Nov 13, 2010 8:49 pm

c0n3j0 wrote:
damkira wrote:

One thing I was thinking , though, the 3DS screen is bigger. I hated playing my gameboy games on the DS 'cause of the little black bars around the screen. It made them look smaller. And I hated that, for some reason. I really did.

Is the 3DS really going to display DS games like that? If so.. that sucks. I might just keep my DSi instead of trading it in.
damkira
damkira
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  c0n3j0 Sun Nov 14, 2010 8:45 am

damkira wrote:
c0n3j0 wrote:
damkira wrote:

Is the 3DS really going to display DS games like that? If so.. that sucks. I might just keep my DSi instead of trading it in.

Well.... I actually don't know. But because the screen is wider than just bigger all around like the DSiXL screen, I assumed it was.
c0n3j0
c0n3j0
Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post  Snesboy Wed Nov 17, 2010 1:27 am

c0n3j0 wrote:
damkira wrote:
c0n3j0 wrote:
damkira wrote:

Well.... I actually don't know. But because the screen is wider than just bigger all around like the DSiXL screen, I assumed it was.

3DS's touch screen is the same resolution as the DS Lite's. The upper screen on 3DS is just wider. So there will be pillarboxing but not windowboxing like GBA games played on DS.
Snesboy
Snesboy
Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post  c0n3j0 Fri Nov 19, 2010 5:21 pm

[quote="Snesboy"][quote="c0n3j0"][quote="damkira"]
c0n3j0 wrote:
damkira wrote:

3DS's touch screen is the same resolution as the DS Lite's. The upper screen on 3DS is just wider. So there will be pillarboxing but not windowboxing like GBA games played on DS.

What's pillar boxing? >.<
c0n3j0
c0n3j0
Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post  Sonix Sat Nov 20, 2010 3:08 am

c0n3j0 wrote:
c0n3j0 wrote:
damkira wrote:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pillarbox
Sonix
Sonix
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  c0n3j0 Sat Nov 20, 2010 10:26 am

Sonix wrote:
c0n3j0 wrote:
c0n3j0 wrote:
damkira wrote:

hrm.... yeah, that's what I meant.

I hate those bars.
c0n3j0
c0n3j0
Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post  Snesboy Thu Nov 25, 2010 4:10 pm

c0n3j0 wrote:
Sonix wrote:
c0n3j0 wrote:
c0n3j0 wrote:
damkira wrote:

hrm.... yeah, that's what I meant.

I hate those bars.

Yeah, it's worse than letterboxing in the 90s. Lol
Snesboy
Snesboy
Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post  SmokedHostage Fri Dec 24, 2010 7:05 pm

If you can't wait, get a DSi XL.

Downloadable games and camera aside; It allows for more touch screen accuracy, it makes retail DS games look better(especially the 3D variety), and its big stylus is just badass.

If you can wait, wait for the second or third revision of the 3DS that's about the same size as the DSi XL.

SmokedHostage
Noob

Back to top Go down

Post  damkira Sun Dec 26, 2010 10:59 am

SmokedHostage wrote:If you can't wait, get a DSi XL.

Downloadable games and camera aside; It allows for more touch screen accuracy, it makes retail DS games look better(especially the 3D variety), and its big stylus is just badass.

If you can wait, wait for the second or third revision of the 3DS that's about the same size as the DSi XL.

I can't believe we STILL don't have a release date for the 3DS.. I mean WTF.. I want to reserve one so we can get it on day one!! Damn Nintendo.. I demand release dates for 3DS and Skyward Sword!!

Oh and welcome to 3S, Smokedhostage.
damkira
damkira
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  c0n3j0 Mon Dec 27, 2010 2:10 pm

SmokedHostage wrote:If you can't wait, get a DSi XL.

I didn't know it did that...

now I'm more tempted. If only it would cost the same as the normal dsi. I mean, shit, it's just extra plastic.
c0n3j0
c0n3j0
Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum