The South Side of the Sky
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hurricane along the east coast of the US

2 posters

Go down

Hurricane along the east coast of the US Empty Hurricane along the east coast of the US

Post  c0n3j0 Thu Aug 25, 2011 5:08 pm

So apparently we're all going to be hit by Hurricane Irene over the weekend.

So, for the members who live in the area (basically half the site) are ya worried/have done anything to prepare?

I haven't, because I live far enough in-land, but I'll be hit with 40 mile per hour winds.
c0n3j0
c0n3j0
Veteran

Back to top Go down

Hurricane along the east coast of the US Empty Re: Hurricane along the east coast of the US

Post  damkira Fri Aug 26, 2011 3:10 pm

c0n3j0 wrote:So apparently we're all going to be hit by Hurricane Irene over the weekend.

So, for the members who live in the area (basically half the site) are ya worried/have done anything to prepare?

I haven't, because I live far enough in-land, but I'll be hit with 40 mile per hour winds.

Man.. this is going to be difficult for a lot of northern states who simply aren't used to this. I just heard on the news that NYC has only had 5 hurricanes come close since they began tracking them in 1851... Hurricanes generally aren't as bad as they're made out to be beforehand and if you're inland or in the northern states it probably won't be that big of a deal.. just make sure to stock up on battery powered lamps and pop tarts. Lots and lots of pop tarts.
damkira
damkira
Admin

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum