The South Side of the Sky
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

So, do you have the 3DS?

4 posters

Go down

So, do you have the 3DS?

So, do you have the 3DS? I_vote_lcap60%So, do you have the 3DS? I_vote_rcap 60% 
[ 3 ]
So, do you have the 3DS? I_vote_lcap20%So, do you have the 3DS? I_vote_rcap 20% 
[ 1 ]
So, do you have the 3DS? I_vote_lcap20%So, do you have the 3DS? I_vote_rcap 20% 
[ 1 ]

Total Votes : 5

So, do you have the 3DS? Empty So, do you have the 3DS?

Post  Mako Sun Mar 27, 2011 4:32 pm

The 3DS just launched here in the U.S. today and in Europe on Friday, so did you get one yet? What do you think about it?

Personally, I don't think the 3D is as amazing as some people were making it out to be. Nothing really pops put at you, it is mostly more depth. Of course I am only basing this off of AR games/ face raiders because I didn't get any games yet. There is no eShop yet, no browser yet, no netflix yet, no 3D content like Japan is getting, and no "must have" games yet. Everything great about the system is coming at later dates, which makes the 3DS feel like a gimped system.

Basically, what I'm trying to say is that if you can, you should hold off buying the system. Especially because some people are experiencing this problem, which apparently occurs randomly when playing some games. Maybe Nintendo can just update the firmware to fix this, but if you wait you can be sure it is ironed out. The future does look very bright though. Smile
Mako
Mako
Admin

Back to top Go down

So, do you have the 3DS? Empty Re: So, do you have the 3DS?

Post  damkira Mon Mar 28, 2011 12:28 pm

Mako wrote:The 3DS just launched here in the U.S. today and in Europe on Friday, so did you get one yet? What do you think about it?

Personally, I don't think the 3D is as amazing as some people were making it out to be. Nothing really pops put at you, it is mostly more depth. Of course I am only basing this off of AR games/ face raiders because I didn't get any games yet. There is no eShop yet, no browser yet, no netflix yet, no 3D content like Japan is getting, and no "must have" games yet. Everything great about the system is coming at later dates, which makes the 3DS feel like a gimped system.

Basically, what I'm trying to say is that if you can, you should hold off buying the system. Especially because some people are experiencing this problem, which apparently occurs randomly when playing some games. Maybe Nintendo can just update the firmware to fix this, but if you wait you can be sure it is ironed out. The future does look very bright though. Smile

I pretty much agree with everything you said.. but you know.. have to buy things on launch. All that stuff is coming and there should be new games in a few months. Ocarina of Time, Resident Evil and Kid Icarus are all coming in the summer and all three look quite promising. I didn't get any games either.. nothing really seems worth playing yet.. but thats ok. I have the 3DS.

Its kind of good that there aren't any games yet.. so you don't have to spend all your money Smile

As for the technical problems, everyone's 3DS is under warranty now and Nintendo is usually very good at fixing these types of problems. I remember Nintendo was one of the few electronics manufacturers that offered total replacement for one dead pixel on an lcd screen..
damkira
damkira
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  zex Mon Mar 28, 2011 9:51 pm

No, I don't have that much money to waste on a system without games, if I get a console it's to play games and the 3ds has none of that
zex
zex
Admin

https://southsky.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  c0n3j0 Sun Apr 03, 2011 8:17 pm

No.

If I do, then I'll wait when there's shit worth playing.
c0n3j0
c0n3j0
Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post  zex Mon Apr 04, 2011 11:40 am

c0n3j0 wrote:No.

You're in for a loooooooooooooooooooooong wait Razz
zex
zex
Admin

https://southsky.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  c0n3j0 Mon Apr 04, 2011 12:52 pm

zex wrote:
c0n3j0 wrote:No.

You're in for a loooooooooooooooooooooong wait Razz

It's okay.

I'm broke. Razz

Women are expensive. I haven't played games in ages.
c0n3j0
c0n3j0
Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum