The South Side of the Sky
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Do you notice more natural disasters?

4 posters

Go down

Do you notice more natural disasters?

Do you notice more natural disasters? I_vote_lcap71%Do you notice more natural disasters? I_vote_rcap 71% 
[ 5 ]
Do you notice more natural disasters? I_vote_lcap29%Do you notice more natural disasters? I_vote_rcap 29% 
[ 2 ]

Total Votes : 7

Do you notice more natural disasters? Empty Do you notice more natural disasters?

Post  Mako Sun Mar 13, 2011 11:24 am

Is it just me or is the number of natural disasters increasing? It seems like large earthquakes, tsunamis, hurricanes, and what not are hitting populated areas more often than in the past and more frequently.
Mako
Mako
Admin

Back to top Go down

Do you notice more natural disasters? Empty Re: Do you notice more natural disasters?

Post  damkira Sun Mar 13, 2011 12:18 pm

I don't think that there are more natural disasters but rather we are hearing about them more frequently and in much more detail than in the past... In the U.S; the news is very locally focused and it always has been.. but you have to remember that internet access hasn't been common until the past 15 years or so. While it used to be a few companies around this country would set the agenda for what was reported on the news (based upon commercial interests) you can now get news from any corner of the globe.. so I would say that more natural disasters is more of a perception than a reality.
damkira
damkira
Admin

Back to top Go down

Do you notice more natural disasters? Empty Re: Do you notice more natural disasters?

Post  zex Sun Mar 13, 2011 1:05 pm

Well, climate is changing, and it's retarded to think it's not...summers and winters are more extreme, more natural disasters...whether that's because of the global warming or just because we're entering a new age (much like the mini Glacial Era there was on the Middle Ages), I do not know, but yeah, we're experiencing a time where the Earth just hates us....

Damk, I disagree, here in Argentina we recently beat a lot of records, we had the coldest winter ever in 2007, then the warmest winter ever in 2008, then we had record rainfall, then a three month-long drought, then the warmest summer ever....we're beating record and record time and again, and I'm pretty sure all the countries are the same....
zex
zex
Admin

https://southsky.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  damkira Sun Mar 13, 2011 10:24 pm

I wasn't arguing about climate change.. that is real and anyone who says differently is a moron.. but I was referring to the number of natural disasters.. sure climate change can cause an increase in hurricanes but it would have no effect on earthquakes.
damkira
damkira
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  zex Mon Mar 14, 2011 10:47 am

Well, earthquakes maybe not , but if you have the earthquakes you usually have and then add more hurricanes than normal, more floods than normal, more droughts than normal, more tornadoes than normal, then you have more natural disasters than normal
zex
zex
Admin

https://southsky.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  c0n3j0 Wed Mar 16, 2011 4:55 pm

hrm, I wouldn't be able to tell.

There have been lots of earthquakes lately, that are HUGE, though.
c0n3j0
c0n3j0
Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum