DS, DSi or 3DS?

Go down

DS, DSi or 3DS? Empty DS, DSi or 3DS?

Post  c0n3j0 on Fri Nov 12, 2010 1:36 pm

About a week ago, my niece broke my DS.

Now my sister is going to get me a new one. Should I go for a new DS lite, upgrade to the DSi, or wait it out and save up some more money so we can buy a 3DS?

Also, no PSP, zex.
c0n3j0
c0n3j0
Veteran

Posts : 194
Points : 4066
Reputation : -1
Join date : 2010-10-21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

DS, DSi or 3DS? Empty Re: DS, DSi or 3DS?

Post  zex on Fri Nov 12, 2010 6:55 pm

Get a PSP Smile

_________________
DS, DSi or 3DS? Zexen47



You have to be trusted by the people that you lie to, so when they turn their backs on you, you'll get the chance to put the knife in...
Pink Floyd - Dogs
zex
zex
Admin

Age : 29
Location : Argentina
Posts : 117
Points : 3629
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2010-10-06

View user profile http://southsky.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

DS, DSi or 3DS? Empty Re: DS, DSi or 3DS?

Post  c0n3j0 on Fri Nov 12, 2010 7:28 pm

zex wrote:Get a PSP Smile

>:[
c0n3j0
c0n3j0
Veteran

Posts : 194
Points : 4066
Reputation : -1
Join date : 2010-10-21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

DS, DSi or 3DS? Empty Re: DS, DSi or 3DS?

Post  Snesboy on Sat Nov 13, 2010 1:43 am

Wait for 3DS.
Snesboy
Snesboy
Veteran

Posts : 118
Points : 3737
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2010-10-30

View user profile

Back to top Go down

DS, DSi or 3DS? Empty Re: DS, DSi or 3DS?

Post  Sonix on Sat Nov 13, 2010 4:19 am

DS or wait for 3DS. Don't get DSi.

PSP.
Sonix
Sonix
Admin

Posts : 65
Points : 3428
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2010-10-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

DS, DSi or 3DS? Empty Re: DS, DSi or 3DS?

Post  c0n3j0 on Sat Nov 13, 2010 10:35 am

Why shouldn't I get the DSi?
c0n3j0
c0n3j0
Veteran

Posts : 194
Points : 4066
Reputation : -1
Join date : 2010-10-21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

DS, DSi or 3DS? Empty Re: DS, DSi or 3DS?

Post  damkira on Sat Nov 13, 2010 6:00 pm

c0n3j0 wrote:Why shouldn't I get the DSi?

You shouldn't get a DSi because its kind of a minor upgrade. Yes, you can download games but there aren't that many to choose from. Yes, it has a camera but its really low resolution and you probably have a better one on your phone. Its not worth the extra money. Just hold out for a few months and get a 3DS.
damkira
damkira
Admin

Location : Florida
Posts : 151
Points : 3902
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2010-10-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

DS, DSi or 3DS? Empty Re: DS, DSi or 3DS?

Post  c0n3j0 on Sat Nov 13, 2010 7:02 pm

damkira wrote:
c0n3j0 wrote:Why shouldn't I get the DSi?

You shouldn't get a DSi because its kind of a minor upgrade. Yes, you can download games but there aren't that many to choose from. Yes, it has a camera but its really low resolution and you probably have a better one on your phone. Its not worth the extra money. Just hold out for a few months and get a 3DS.

One thing I was thinking , though, the 3DS screen is bigger. I hated playing my gameboy games on the DS 'cause of the little black bars around the screen. It made them look smaller. And I hated that, for some reason. I really did.
c0n3j0
c0n3j0
Veteran

Posts : 194
Points : 4066
Reputation : -1
Join date : 2010-10-21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

DS, DSi or 3DS? Empty Re: DS, DSi or 3DS?

Post  damkira on Sat Nov 13, 2010 8:49 pm

c0n3j0 wrote:
damkira wrote:
c0n3j0 wrote:Why shouldn't I get the DSi?

You shouldn't get a DSi because its kind of a minor upgrade. Yes, you can download games but there aren't that many to choose from. Yes, it has a camera but its really low resolution and you probably have a better one on your phone. Its not worth the extra money. Just hold out for a few months and get a 3DS.

One thing I was thinking , though, the 3DS screen is bigger. I hated playing my gameboy games on the DS 'cause of the little black bars around the screen. It made them look smaller. And I hated that, for some reason. I really did.

Is the 3DS really going to display DS games like that? If so.. that sucks. I might just keep my DSi instead of trading it in.
damkira
damkira
Admin

Location : Florida
Posts : 151
Points : 3902
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2010-10-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

DS, DSi or 3DS? Empty Re: DS, DSi or 3DS?

Post  c0n3j0 on Sun Nov 14, 2010 8:45 am

damkira wrote:
c0n3j0 wrote:
damkira wrote:
c0n3j0 wrote:Why shouldn't I get the DSi?

You shouldn't get a DSi because its kind of a minor upgrade. Yes, you can download games but there aren't that many to choose from. Yes, it has a camera but its really low resolution and you probably have a better one on your phone. Its not worth the extra money. Just hold out for a few months and get a 3DS.

One thing I was thinking , though, the 3DS screen is bigger. I hated playing my gameboy games on the DS 'cause of the little black bars around the screen. It made them look smaller. And I hated that, for some reason. I really did.

Is the 3DS really going to display DS games like that? If so.. that sucks. I might just keep my DSi instead of trading it in.

Well.... I actually don't know. But because the screen is wider than just bigger all around like the DSiXL screen, I assumed it was.
c0n3j0
c0n3j0
Veteran

Posts : 194
Points : 4066
Reputation : -1
Join date : 2010-10-21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

DS, DSi or 3DS? Empty Re: DS, DSi or 3DS?

Post  Snesboy on Wed Nov 17, 2010 1:27 am

c0n3j0 wrote:
damkira wrote:
c0n3j0 wrote:
damkira wrote:
c0n3j0 wrote:Why shouldn't I get the DSi?

You shouldn't get a DSi because its kind of a minor upgrade. Yes, you can download games but there aren't that many to choose from. Yes, it has a camera but its really low resolution and you probably have a better one on your phone. Its not worth the extra money. Just hold out for a few months and get a 3DS.

One thing I was thinking , though, the 3DS screen is bigger. I hated playing my gameboy games on the DS 'cause of the little black bars around the screen. It made them look smaller. And I hated that, for some reason. I really did.

Is the 3DS really going to display DS games like that? If so.. that sucks. I might just keep my DSi instead of trading it in.

Well.... I actually don't know. But because the screen is wider than just bigger all around like the DSiXL screen, I assumed it was.

3DS's touch screen is the same resolution as the DS Lite's. The upper screen on 3DS is just wider. So there will be pillarboxing but not windowboxing like GBA games played on DS.
Snesboy
Snesboy
Veteran

Posts : 118
Points : 3737
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2010-10-30

View user profile

Back to top Go down

DS, DSi or 3DS? Empty Re: DS, DSi or 3DS?

Post  c0n3j0 on Fri Nov 19, 2010 5:21 pm

[quote="Snesboy"][quote="c0n3j0"][quote="damkira"]
c0n3j0 wrote:
damkira wrote:
c0n3j0 wrote:Why shouldn't I get the DSi?
Well.... I actually don't know. But because the screen is wider than just bigger all around like the DSiXL screen, I assumed it was.

3DS's touch screen is the same resolution as the DS Lite's. The upper screen on 3DS is just wider. So there will be pillarboxing but not windowboxing like GBA games played on DS.

What's pillar boxing? >.<
c0n3j0
c0n3j0
Veteran

Posts : 194
Points : 4066
Reputation : -1
Join date : 2010-10-21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

DS, DSi or 3DS? Empty Re: DS, DSi or 3DS?

Post  Sonix on Sat Nov 20, 2010 3:08 am

c0n3j0 wrote:
c0n3j0 wrote:
damkira wrote:
c0n3j0 wrote:Why shouldn't I get the DSi?
Well.... I actually don't know. But because the screen is wider than just bigger all around like the DSiXL screen, I assumed it was.

3DS's touch screen is the same resolution as the DS Lite's. The upper screen on 3DS is just wider. So there will be pillarboxing but not windowboxing like GBA games played on DS.

What's pillar boxing? >.<
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pillarbox
Sonix
Sonix
Admin

Posts : 65
Points : 3428
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2010-10-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

DS, DSi or 3DS? Empty Re: DS, DSi or 3DS?

Post  c0n3j0 on Sat Nov 20, 2010 10:26 am

Sonix wrote:
c0n3j0 wrote:
c0n3j0 wrote:
damkira wrote:
c0n3j0 wrote:Why shouldn't I get the DSi?
Well.... I actually don't know. But because the screen is wider than just bigger all around like the DSiXL screen, I assumed it was.

3DS's touch screen is the same resolution as the DS Lite's. The upper screen on 3DS is just wider. So there will be pillarboxing but not windowboxing like GBA games played on DS.

What's pillar boxing? >.<
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pillarbox

hrm.... yeah, that's what I meant.

I hate those bars.
c0n3j0
c0n3j0
Veteran

Posts : 194
Points : 4066
Reputation : -1
Join date : 2010-10-21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

DS, DSi or 3DS? Empty Re: DS, DSi or 3DS?

Post  Snesboy on Thu Nov 25, 2010 4:10 pm

c0n3j0 wrote:
Sonix wrote:
c0n3j0 wrote:
c0n3j0 wrote:
damkira wrote:
c0n3j0 wrote:Why shouldn't I get the DSi?
Well.... I actually don't know. But because the screen is wider than just bigger all around like the DSiXL screen, I assumed it was.

3DS's touch screen is the same resolution as the DS Lite's. The upper screen on 3DS is just wider. So there will be pillarboxing but not windowboxing like GBA games played on DS.

What's pillar boxing? >.<
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pillarbox

hrm.... yeah, that's what I meant.

I hate those bars.

Yeah, it's worse than letterboxing in the 90s. Lol
Snesboy
Snesboy
Veteran

Posts : 118
Points : 3737
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2010-10-30

View user profile

Back to top Go down

DS, DSi or 3DS? Empty Re: DS, DSi or 3DS?

Post  SmokedHostage on Fri Dec 24, 2010 7:05 pm

If you can't wait, get a DSi XL.

Downloadable games and camera aside; It allows for more touch screen accuracy, it makes retail DS games look better(especially the 3D variety), and its big stylus is just badass.

If you can wait, wait for the second or third revision of the 3DS that's about the same size as the DSi XL.

SmokedHostage
Noob

Posts : 8
Points : 3079
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2010-12-24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

DS, DSi or 3DS? Empty Re: DS, DSi or 3DS?

Post  damkira on Sun Dec 26, 2010 10:59 am

SmokedHostage wrote:If you can't wait, get a DSi XL.

Downloadable games and camera aside; It allows for more touch screen accuracy, it makes retail DS games look better(especially the 3D variety), and its big stylus is just badass.

If you can wait, wait for the second or third revision of the 3DS that's about the same size as the DSi XL.

I can't believe we STILL don't have a release date for the 3DS.. I mean WTF.. I want to reserve one so we can get it on day one!! Damn Nintendo.. I demand release dates for 3DS and Skyward Sword!!

Oh and welcome to 3S, Smokedhostage.
damkira
damkira
Admin

Location : Florida
Posts : 151
Points : 3902
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2010-10-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

DS, DSi or 3DS? Empty Re: DS, DSi or 3DS?

Post  c0n3j0 on Mon Dec 27, 2010 2:10 pm

SmokedHostage wrote:If you can't wait, get a DSi XL.

Downloadable games and camera aside; It allows for more touch screen accuracy, it makes retail DS games look better(especially the 3D variety), and its big stylus is just badass.

If you can wait, wait for the second or third revision of the 3DS that's about the same size as the DSi XL.

I didn't know it did that...

now I'm more tempted. If only it would cost the same as the normal dsi. I mean, shit, it's just extra plastic.
c0n3j0
c0n3j0
Veteran

Posts : 194
Points : 4066
Reputation : -1
Join date : 2010-10-21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

DS, DSi or 3DS? Empty Re: DS, DSi or 3DS?

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum